Saturday, February 10, 2007

Marathon Blogging

The conclusion to my most challenging training week ended up bringing a very demanding 22. A weeks worth of antibiotics and antihistamines seems to have left me dehydrated and unable to retain very much fluid. I was soaked thru my clothes within 6 miles and everything liquid was pouring out of me. I recognized the potential for disaster and continued to hydrate as much as possible.

A 4 hour excursion with fatigue and some light-headedness but I still give it a B minus given the bronchitis/infection and suspect condition the symptoms left me in.

Weather was cooperative with temps in low 60"s and no rain as unexpected bonus. Had to walk about 1/4 mile when the slight dizziness kicked in at 20 but was able to power thru with some additional water that helped enormously.

6 hours since I got back and feeling good enough to go for dinner and sweet, sweet beer. It's all downhill from here mileage-wise as I start to taper down until race day on March 4.

This is some crazy shit though....my turn around at 11 took me to an area I ride my motorcycle to sometimes. With traffic, lights etc., I've never made it in less than 1/2 hour on the bike. That puts the distance in prospective and coming back is daunting.

No comments: