Saturday, January 27, 2007

Marathon Blogging


Got back over 7 hours ago from a very tough 19.5 (est.) and am just starting to feel normal again. If there was medical attention available, I probably would have sought it. The 10 going out was pretty good actually...by then I was out in the hinterlands and the wind started to blow. I was in an area out by the airport...at the end of the runways actually and there is nothing there to break up the wind ...so when it blows, you just hunker down a bit and move on down the road. Felt like crying a bit...thats when I knew it was a gonna be a physical and fortitude tester.

One of my balls disappeared for while which I think explains my recent groin problems...had knee pain, significant foot soreness, chest muscle pain, a effing bitch of a foot arch charley horse that I thought would take me down to the pavement, back spasms and basically finished with a palsy-esque flourish.

The salt deposits on my gear were probably sufficient to dress out a deer for winter. I also came very close to flipping out at more than a few people who rubbed me just slightly the wrong way.

Oh yeah, then I took my boy to his cousins birthday party solo because my wife has sick. Running around for 5 hours chasing a 2 year old is textbook long run recovery..........but I'm hitting my stride with my 3rd beer and I'm certain that the more I pursue that recovery strategy, the better I will feel.

Anyway, a today was a tester for sure but it brings me that much closer to my goal. It also tells me that I'm not quite there yet. I did however make a time of just over 3 hours surprisingly enough. It seemed like 6 or 7 at the time.

No comments: