Friday, December 29, 2006

Gerald Ford

was I'm sure a good person, congressman, all round nice guy...I'll go along with that but....pardoning Nixon was not about "healing" the nation. It was about "heeling" the nation.

I do not buy the fact the electorate needs some kind of baby talk lovey kisses to get past a scandal of crooks running political machines. Crooks have been running said for centuries in one sense or another. The big P was about stopping the bleeding for the Republicans. It was not an act of self sacrifice, it was the act of self service. All the guys that grew up in that Nixonion mindset have come back to haunt the country once again. Why should we be surprised that the Cheneys and Rumsfields feel so free to do as they choose when the Pardon is available to them? Nixon's crew, Iran Contra guys...they are criminals and when you let them go the 1st time, they come back for more most times.

How about we stop treating actual voting adults as if they need some kind of special insulation from the crooked politicians we've elected. If they are dirty and they are caught....let the law take it's course..period. Don't fucking heel me and tell me I been healed..I know the difference.

No comments: