Saturday, September 16, 2006

Maiden Voyage

I thought of this last night while having trouble sleeping...my original name for this site was "Tell me about it". But ultimately I'd like the site to be about telling a lot of people about what your opinions and thought processes are. I thought it would be nice to have a site that people could go to to get things off their chest, create a dialogue, post an idea, vent and just let loose about anything that was bugging them or might be of interest to like minded folks (or piss off others)

If your boss was being a jerk, someone cut you off in your car, the clerk at the store was stupid or you just stepped in dog shit (literally or figuratively) it sometimes helps to get it out. Could be the manager or coach of your favorite team made a horrible decision...maybe your government invaded a country that didn't pose a threat...God knows there is no shortage of issues in our daily lives that get the blood pumping.

I'm thinking that we'll start to set up some discussion areas like politics, sports, personal relationships, careers etc that will help spur some interesting stories but I don't want to limit any topics or censure any individual thoughts. I wanted to get my inital idea down before it got away from me but I've got a bit of work to do to get things rolling. I hope that it is something that many people will participate in and create a combination opinion forum/social network.

No comments: