Thursday, March 29, 2007

Samsonite or Kryptonite?

Watching the GOP spin machine try to mitigate the Sampson Senate testimony is a study in bullshit...it's admittedly not much to work with but lots of fun nonetheless....it's reminiscent of an experience I had recently walking my dog when he shit on my neighbors lawn and I didn't bother to pick up the offending steamer.

Neighbor: Hey, your dog just shit on my lawn...are you going to pick that up?

Me: How do you know it's my dog?

Neighbor: Well, you're walking it.

Me: Maybe...but it could be I found the dog.

Neighbor: And, you and YOUR dog have lived across the street from me for 10 years and I'm tired of you and YOUR dog leaving steamers on my lawn.

Me: OK, you got me..it's my dog. But dogs are known to shit and I certainly can't control that canine function so we'll just have to accept the inevitable here.

Neighbor: Uh, no sir...you may not be able to control the function but you damn well can control the clean up.

Me: You should know better than that.... even if my dog did...and I'm not saying that he did....all of us that live down here understand that dogs sometimes leave the occasional steamer and that is part of the charm of the neighborhood. Plus, your lawn is particularly attractive to dogs because of the access, greenness and the grandfather steamer clause that we put in before you moved here. I don't even charge you for the fertilizer we've been supplying and this is how you thank me?...you ungrateful A-hole. And, you should also know that if you don't want dogs crapping on your lawn, don't leave it outside in your yard where the dogs can get to it. Now I'd like to continue this conversation to it's conclusion but I need to go yell at the paperboy....I think he has been leaving illegal flyer's on my porch....sorry about the diarrhea...tonight was leftover Chinese food.

Would make his head hurt for sure if it happened and the GOP ground game is similar. It always feels like they took a shit and just refuse to pick it up.

No comments: