Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Comey Angle...

to the AG scandal is in my opinion the most damaging thus far. The information offered in James Comeys' testimony is a stunning example of the Bush administration willingness to operate virtually without any aversion to breaking the laws they swore to uphold.

You have to give credit to Comey and also to Ashcroft to resist what must have been intense pressure to cave to WH demands to sign off on what must have clearly been illegal activities. I am almost surprised that the Bush gang sought any clearance for a program that appears to have been moving forward anyway.

Gonzo comes off as the bagman he's always been and Andy Card gives douchebags a bad name. I would think that the press might want to have a look see here but I have my doubts we'll see much interest.

TPM has the edited video with all the terrible implications that beared truth usually presents.

www.talkingpointsmemo.com

No comments: