Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bush Press Conference/Train Wreck



Watching Bush a bit this morning attempt to explain and defend Iraq policy and I really don't believe what I am seeing. Ramble, Ramble....lecture.. point, laugh inappropriately, blurt out talking points as they jump into head..ramble,ramble. When he loses track of what he is saying he reverts back to old talking points that have since been rendered non-op....boy is this bad.

Note to Bush: As of 4th grade, you are not to use a word to describe itself in a definition. David Gregory asked about the difference between benchmarks and timetables and Bush replied that benchmarks were different because they represented certain benchmarks for the Iraqi gov. to hit....?????? Ow, that hurt my head.

I had to check the time on my watch a few times because I suspected that I had blacked out momentarily and therefore lost salient portions of his responses....nope, no such luck. This study in incoherence was actually taking place real time and I presume expected to reassure the voting public that Iraq was not a total disaster. Hard to know if they are really this delusional or just hope that the American public is.

No comments: